Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dans la Seine, in cold

While I was reading Theodora Economides's Welcome to Ramallah, originally written in French, I was surprised to see in details the long and mischievous interviews the travellers to Palestine had to survive in order to be allowed by the Israeli authorities to enter the prohibited land, with the nine letters. Their methods of verbal terrorism in the name of law and order reminded me of Javert, in Hugo's Les Miserables. Today I found another similarity, which I read in melancholy, as if literature reproduces itself or, to put it in Oscar Wilde's words, as if life imitates art. The Israeli Defence Attache in France, David Dahan,who was missing for more than a month, was found dead in Rouen, in Seine. No particular evidence is there for criminal action and most probably it was a suicide; his close ones informed the police that he was going through depression recently. Exactly like Javert in his last steps, on the Pont Notre Dame. It is a remark that did not make me happy.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Moey said...

doesn't make me happy neither

9:44 PM  
Blogger Vass said...

I know mo, i know. Thank god not everyone goes forth with the turbo gear of simplified binary models. How many are the "not everyone"? I ask this frankly.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Moey said...

true.

I'm still in shock how did you recognize me? I shaved my hair LOL

1:12 AM  
Blogger Vass said...

I recognize people through the whisper in their heads and this cannot be affected neither by blade nor by scissors:))) hahahaha

7:22 AM  
Blogger Moey said...

hahaha
good one

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home