Thursday, June 01, 2006

with caffeine

(behind my college, in Thessaloniki, was the palace of my addiction)

A permanent source of inspiration...
A constant addiction...
A hidden regulator of the day...
An easy pretext in hand, whenever meeting with friends needs a pretext...
This, among other detailed things, is princess Caffeine for me.
One of my recent favorite bloggers referred to the environment of her favorite coffee-shop in amman dreaming of making it her home, coz home is where the heart is. I have to admit that I did not even know about the particular shop, although I know exactly the sense of belonging. Many of my photos are taken actually in coffee-shops, my favorite photos with friends, therefore I seem a heavier smoker than I really am. (Since the princess has a special attachment to another princess too: nicotine- cruel artistic creatures like Turandot).

Tonight, in this machine of counter-geography, in this cubicle of international assimilation, I mean Starbucks of Abdoun, I was looking at the young crowd, talking, working on their lap-tops, and I was listening to the light discussions of my group, about songs and interviews, and I was thinking that a palace of caffeine is one of the last resorts for the illusion of eternity.
Κι όταν βρεθώ σε καινούργιο μέρος, η πρώτη αγωνία είναι να ανακαλύψω το καφενείο, καφέ, ή κυλικείο που θα με κάνει θαμώνα του, μέσα στη δική του ιδιαίτερη βοή. Κι εγώ που δεν αντέχω το θόρυβο από τη σταγόνα της βρύσης, εκεί (μέσα στις κουβέντες και την κάπνα των άλλων) συγκεντρώνομαι μια χαρά και σιγά-σιγά αρχίζω να κουβαλάω τόμους και ημερολόγια. Η δεύτερη αγωνία είναι να ανακαλύψω ένα ζαχαροπλαστείο του γούστου μου.

2 Comments:

Blogger lemon said...

Έχει ένα μπλογκ αυτή η Πολωνέζα, το filizance, και βάζει φωτογραφίες με φλιτζάνια (και ωραίες στιγμές, αλλά αυτές δεν φαίνονται, μόνο τις νιώθει όποιος θέλει) που της στέλνουν.
Της στέλνω κι εγώ που και που, γιατί εδώ και χρόνια φωτογραφίζω τους καφέδες που πίνω, σαν έτσι να προσπαθώ να κρατήσω εκείνη την ημέρα έτσι: την ησυχία, την παρέα, τη δύναμη, την κουβέντα...

10:35 PM  
Blogger Vass said...

πολύ ενδιαφέρουσα η ιδέα με τις φωτογραφίες των καφέδων (είδα κάποιες δικές σας παλιότερα: δεν ήξερα ότι ήταν σκόπιμη η επιμονή). δεν τολμώ τέτοιες απαθανατίσεις: φοβάμαι ότι θα γίνει ο καφές αλλιώτικα πικρός από τη νοσταλγία ή από τη μνήμη που όλα θα τα φέρνει κατά πώς θέλει.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home